Sending text messages is a great way to communicate with members of your church. For example, you may need to let your members quickly know about an event cancellation due to bad weather, and text messaging is often the fastest way reach your congregation. Once you have set up Church360 Unite for texting and you've invited people to receive texts and they've opted-in, you're ready to send text messages from Church360 Unite.
- Log in as an administrator to your site.
- Click on the Users tab, then click on the Communication tab in the window that appears.
- Here, you'll see all users on your site who have created their login. Check the box next to each person that you'd like to send a text message to. If they've opted in for text messaging, you'll see their phone number on this window.
- Click "Send Text" at the bottom of the window.
- In the window that appears, choose what type of message you'll be sending out. and then type out your message in the Enter Text Message field
- Click "Send Text" to send out your text message
Note: Text messages have a 160 Character limit