The “Edit” tab in the “Themes” window allows you to edit your theme’s HTML coding.
If you want to base your website off of a default Church360° Unite theme, you must clone the theme first and then make changes to it.
To clone your theme,
- Once you have selected your theme, click “Themes” on the admin bar.
- Select the “Advanced” tab on the left side of the window.
- Click “Clone ”
- Type in the name of the new theme.
- Click “Create ”.
- A window will appear notifying you that your theme is being copied (this process may take a few seconds). Once the copying is complete, you will be taken back to the last page you were on.
- Click “Themes” on the admin bar and select the “Advanced” tab to edit your cloned theme.
Note: Once you have made the following changes you will now be able to customize your site. If you make a change that causes your site to display incorrectly, you can always delete the changes.
In the “Edit” tab, you can edit the HTML/ CSS files related to your selected theme. You should only edit HTML/CSS if you have a solid understanding of coding.
Resources—contains information related to your site. These resources include the following:
- Assets—contains images related to your theme.
- Images—contains default images that the theme uses.
- Stylesheets—contains the CSS file related to your selected theme. Changes can be made here.
- Default.theme—contains HTML code for your theme. Changes can be made here.
- Theme.description—displays basic information about your selected theme
- Thumbnail.png—default image of your theme
Note: The file types / names will vary depending on which theme you are using