If your church has a domain through Concordia Technology Solutions and has an email package, and you’ve been provided with one of those email addresses, you may want to be able to access that email address on your phone. If this is the case, you will need to set up your email address on an email client on your phone.
The process will vary slightly, depending if you have an Android or iOS device, and this article will walk through how to set up your email account for both types of devices.
Within Android, you can use the Gmail app to access your email account:
- Open the Gmail app.
- In the top right corner of the app tap your profile (this may also appear as the letter of your first name, or the name on the current account).
- Tap Add another account
- Click the "Other" option at the next screen that appears
- Enter your email address, and then, tap the "Manual Setup" option in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Choose the "Personal (IMAP) option on the next screen
- Fill in your password for your email account
- Tap Next at the next screen that appears which will verify your information.
- You will get an "Email security not guaranteed" warning. Click the Edit Settings option that appears
- On the Incoming server settings screen, change the Server to be mail.enom.com, and make sure the port is set to 993, and Security type set to SSL/TLS. Tap "Next"
- On the Outgoing server settings, make sure Require sign-in is turned on, and the SMTP server is set to mail.enom.com
- On the account options, make sure that the sync frequency is set to the timing you like and any options you want should be checked off here. Tap Next.
- From here, you can add an account name to this email, and this will show who the emails are being sent from. Tap next when finished.
- You will then be closed out of Gmail. From here, you can then reopen Gmail, and tap on your profile picture in the top right and select your email account.
On an iOS device, you will add the email account first to your device, and then access the email account through the Mail app.
- Go to Settings>Mail then tap Accounts
- Tap Add Account, and then, tap Other
- On the next screen, tap "Add Mail Account"
- Fill in the fields with the appropriate information on the next screen, including your name, your email address, the password for that email address, and a short description for the email address, which will be filled in automatically by the domain name for your email. Tap "Next" at the top right corner of the screen.
- At the next screen, make sure you have IMAP selected by tapping it.
- Under the incoming mail server information, for host name, fill in mail.enom.com, and for Username and Password, fill in your email address, and for the password, fill in password. Fill in the same information in the outgoing mail server section. Tap Next.
- After your information is verified, make sure the mail option is turned on so this email address shows up in the Mail app. Tap "Save" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Close the settings menu, and open the Mail app, you will see your emails there.